The veterinary team at River Trail Animal Hospital understands that emergencies are never pleasant or convenient. This is why we provide a wide range of emergency services to our clients during our normal business hours.
For after-hours emergencies, if you think your pet may be experiencing an emergency, please call us for referral to a local emergency specialty hospital.
When Should I Seek Emergency Care?
The easiest answer as to whether you should seek emergency care for a pet is when you feel his or her medical condition is serious and cannot wait. However, the following general situations should help you determine if you need to seek out emergency care for your pet:
- Difficulty breathing
- Acute abdominal swelling
- Electric shock
- Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- Excessive bleeding
- Exhibits symptoms of heat stroke
- Repetitive and prolonged seizures
- Snake bites
- High or low temperature (more than 104 or less than 100 degrees)
- Unable to urinate or defecate